We’re happy to announce that Two-factor authentication (2FA) is now available on all BlockFi accounts. 2FA is the industry standard for securing your online accounts. Once enabled, 2FA adds a second layer of protection to your BlockFi account. When you login, you’ll be prompted to input your password and a verification code generated by authenticator app.
You can set up 2FA on your BlockFi account using the Google Authenticator app, available on Android and iOS mobile devices. Once enabled, you will only be able to log in to your BlockFi account with a code generated by the app. This code regenerates every 30 seconds. As a precaution, BlockFi strongly recommends that clients write down and store their authenticator token code in a safe and accessible place.
We urge all account holders to enable 2FA on their accounts. While we strive to ensure that no unwanted activity occurs, BlockFi is not responsible for any unauthorized users that may access your account.
How do I enable 2FA on my BlockFi account?
To enable 2FA on your BlockFi account, login to the client dashboard, click on your name at the top right of the screen, andselect ‘Settings’. Next, click the “Account & Settings” tab and navigate to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section. Click the “Enable 2FA” button to get started.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to complete the 2FA set-up process.
- Download the Google Authenticator app, available on Android and iOS.
- Using the Google Authenticator app, scan the QR code or manually input the authenticator token code displayed in your BlockFi dashboard settings.
- For your security, BlockFi strongly urges that you write down your auth token and store it in a safe place. If you lose access to your account or get a new phone, this token will help you regain access to your BlockFi account.
- Once it’s written down, click the “I Saved My Auth Token” button. A 6-digit input field will appear below the button.
- Google Authenticator will generate a 6-digit BlockFi verification code. A new code will generate every 30 seconds. Input the code into the “Enter Google 2FA Code” field.
From there, you will be required to input both your password and the code generated by your authenticator app. Enabling this function provides a proven layer of security for your account and further protects the funds you store at BlockFi.
If you have any questions about enabling 2FA on your account or how our security policies work, feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you.
– The BlockFi Team