At BlockFi, we consider the security of our systems and customers’ information as a top priority.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We strive to expediently remediate vulnerabilities and notify affected customers, and we are grateful for your time and assistance in helping us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- Submit your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you report a vulnerability to us, we prefer that you encrypt your message using this encryption.
- Do provide sufficient detail to reproduce the problem and identify the exact area of the issue, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data. If a vulnerability is public, please make sure it is discreet and does not identify BlockFi.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- We will investigate all reported potential vulnerabilities that are determined to pose threats that are not commercially immaterial.
- If you wish to report anonymously, please let us know in your email, and we will not disclose your identity or retain your personal data.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report.
- We will not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- If there is any public information concerning the reported problem, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
This disclosure policy is subject to change without notice and on a case-by-case basis.
Last updated on: April 10, 2020.